To be a progressive revenue administration that plays an essential role in achieving economic prosperity and stability for the people of the federation while adhering to international good practice.
The values are an expression of behaviours that all IRD staff should display to create a positive, customer centric culture. Strong values in an Organization leads to better decision-making increased trust between management, staff and stakeholders. They also enable organizations to become leaders in their undertakings. The IRD will embrace the following values: Professionalism, Respect, Innovate, Drive & Ethics.
The department is currently focused on implementing five (5) broad strategic goals
Facilitate Voluntary Compliance by Expanding and Improving Services to Taxpayers
The Saint Christopher and Nevis Inland Revenue Department believes that all of our customers have a right to expect from us the highest standards of professionalism and integrity and service that is fair, efficient and courteous.
We therefore promise that we will:
- beopen, fair, efficient, helpful and courteous in our interaction with you.
- carry out duties with dilgence, professionalism and impartially.
- be responsive to your suggestions and recommendations.
- address your complaints and correct our mistakes.
- keep your information confidential.
- continually seek to improve performance and procedures to better serve you.
And you can assist us by:
- making prompt, true and accurate tax declarations.
- registering for the appropriate taxes in accordance with the tax laws.
- paying your taxes on time.
- reporting noncomplaint behaviour, corruption and other criminal activites.
- making suggestions that will enable us to improve our service to our country and to you, it’s citzens.
Edward Gift Comptroller
Eric Haynes (Deputy Comptroller) Deputy Comptroller
Velda Irish- Brown (Deputy Comptroller) Deputy Comptroller
Adrian Ward (Assistant Comptroller) Manager for Office to the comptroller
Wavney Hanley (Assistant Comptroller) Data Processing Manager
Joanna Collins (Assistant Comptroller) Stamp Duty & Operations Manager
Watkins Chirverton (Manager of Systems) Information System Manager
Leon Norford (Senior Tax Inspector III) Document management & Mail Operations Manager
Alston Johnson (Assistant Comptroller) Programme management Manger
Grace Gilfillan- Farrell (Assistant Comptroller) Objections Management Manager
Norvin Rawlins (Chief Property Valuation Manger) Property Manager
Eliza Mills (Assistant Comptroller) Debt management Manager
Sheleen Matthew (Assistant Comptroller) Audit and Investigation (LMTS) Manager
Jason Christopher (Senior Tax Inspector III) Dept Management (LMTS) Manager
Odette Bass- Galloway (Senior Tax Inspector III) Payments Manager